I’ve been watching Tony Robbins, Life, Business, and Love Coach, one of the best living examples of a Jupiter Atmakaraka person ever. Tony often talks about the six (6) core human needs and they dovetail beautifully with the seven (7) planetary atmakarakas.
These six human needs are universal and apply to all humans, and when you know a person’s atmakaraka, you know which of these needs they need the most.
The Six Core Human Needs According to Tony Robbins
We all need these six things to different degrees according to our innate nature:
- Connection/Love: a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something
- Significance: feeling unique, valuable, special or needed
- Certainty/Security: assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure
- Variety: the need for the unknown, change, and new stimuli
- Growth: an expansion of capacity, capability, or understanding
- Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to, and supporting others.
Knowing the “essence” planets, the atmakaraka of the people in our lives, means we know which of these six core needs they need the most. While we all need these things, we need them to differing degrees. Keep reading for examples of the atmakaraka and the six core human needs.
If You Have a Jupiter Atmakaraka Spouse
For example, say your spouse is a Jupiter atmakaraka person. Your spouse will have all of the above six core needs, but number five and six will be their central need.
To support your Jupiter atmakaraka spouse, then be a person who also values growth and contribution. Though you don’t have to appreciate it to the same extent as your spouse does, you can make a point of supporting their stronger need for growth and contribution.
If you want to persuade your Jupiter atmakaraka spouse to be part of something dear to you, just put it into the language of growth, expansion, contribution, and giving back. If it is helpful to someone in some relatively significant way, then they will make your cause, their cause, too.
How do you make your Jupiter atmakaraka spouse very happy? You let them give to you, support you, and make YOU happy in some way. Jupiter atmakaraka people “live to give,” and they want to know that they are helping you to attain ultimate happiness.
How Can You Help to Fulfill Your Partner’s DEEPEST Needs?
There are many factors in the birth chart that can modify the atmakaraka, and there are planetary factors that can be more dominant than the Atmakaraka. But, here is a short, simplified list of what each planetary atmakaraka needs the MOST:
- Connection/Love: Venus and Moon atmakaraka people need this the most
- Significance: Sun and Mars atmakaraka people need this the most
- Certainty/Security: Saturn atmakaraka people need this the most
- Variety: Mercury atmakaraka people need this the most
- Growth: Jupiter atmakaraka people need this the most
- Contribution: Jupiter and Mars atmakaraka people need this the most
Saturn and the Moon Atmakaraka in Love
My spouse’s atmakaraka is Saturn, and mine is the Moon. He values Certainty/Security more than I do, and I appreciate Connection/Love more than he does. Of course, he needs love/connection too, and I need security/certainly also, but we each need them to different degrees.
If we were business partners, my need for connection would make me the best person to interact with our clients/customers and manage the ongoing relationships. His need for certainty would make him the best partner for future planning, such as market testing a new program/product before investing our resources.
If you want a fun and easy way to know what you and your partner truly need the most, I taught a class with fellow astrologer and friend Ryan Kurczak of Asheville Vedic Astrology on this topic.
The Atmakaraka Self-Producer Planet Course
Get the course: The Atmakaraka, Self-Producer Planet Home-Study Course. Seven MP3s recordings, five videos, & a PDF e-book.