“What we don’t make conscious, comes to us as fate.” –Carl Jung
If you didn’t attend my Teleseminar, Making Mars Conscious -When Our Inner Warrior Doesn’t Work, here is your chance to listen to it for free.
Here is some of what you will learn:
- Why you just “freeze” when someone crosses the line with you, instead of protecting and defending yourself right in that moment when it counts? (you’re stunned they would do or say such a thing)
- Do you overreact, on the other hand, by “killing” anyone who dares to cross you in any way, and end up being embarrassed and having to apologize?
- Do you have “rules of engagement” for conflict that you follow but that no one else seems to honor?
- Does it seem like too much trouble to tackle the problems in your life, so you just let them go until they become overwhelming?
- Is it hard for you to be logical when logic is the best tool for the job?
- Are you attracted to “go getter” types of people for their many fine qualities, but you also end up getting pushed around and run over by them?
- Do you have imaginary conversations in your head about what you wish you had said, or done in the past? Do you do this A LOT?
Follow-Up Info on Helping Mars to Work Better in Your Life
Here is the information I mentioned in the teleseminar about how to use your Mars effectively to set boundaries with people, ask for what you want, say “No” to what you don’t want, and be assertive without being aggressive (except when necessary, of course).
From The Want Institute, I heartily recommend Dr. Pat Allen’s excellent training on verbal communication. All of it is fantastic, but for using your Mars energy in a potent and effective manner, get the WANT® Training for Effective Living workbook set, and master these particular sessions:
- How To Speak Rationally and Assertively
- Handling Emotional Confrontations Rationally
Her work on relationship communication is the best I’ve found anywhere too (she has several training classes on communication).
I’ve done a LOT of homework on this because my Mars in the sign of Gemini, ruled by Mercury, is not as strong as it needs to be to navigate the tricky waters of conflict in relationship without the help of communication education (just what you would expect from a Mars ruled by Mercury, the ruler of communication, huh?) :-)
When Mars, Your Inner Warrior, Needs Help
Mars has only one planetary enemy and that is Mercury. But Mars can under perform for you in a few other signs too. If your Mars is:
- in the sign of Gemini or Virgo
- with Mercury in the same sign as your Mars
- aspected by Mercury
- in the sign of Cancer or Libra
Then these training sessions will be invaluable to your relationships and work life.
*If you don’t know what sign your Mars is in, get your FREE birth chart here. Everything is in plain English, you don’t have to know how to read astrological symbols.
If you would prefer to read a book, this is a great one for having the important conversations in your life:
Crucial Conversations, 2nd Edition by Kerry Patterson
This is a great book for those conversations you have with your boss at review time or when you are having a problem at work. But, it’s also great for difficult conversations with people in your personal life where the stakes could be even higher than they are at work.
It teaches clear steps to take and the reasons for the steps. It explains why people sometimes can seem so unreasonable (they are not feeling safe, or they are feeling disrespected), and how to back things down until they feel safe or respected again in order to go forward successfully with your own concerns. This is a fairly simple, but very effective way to get those famous “win/win” outcomes everyone wants.
Mars is the LORD of Logic
When you need to WIN an important argument (Mars also rules competition), here is a great book on using logic persuasively, not to bludgeon people but to clarify the issues with logic so everyone is clear on what the argument is actually about:
How to Win Every Argument: The Use & Abuse of Logic by Madsen Pirie
This book teaches you how to defend yourself in a debate, but it is also an appendix of Fallacies that are used all the time in everyday life. What is good about having an appendix of Fallacies is that you can browse through it and learn it one Fallacy at a time.
Pretty soon you can easily spot the logic error in anyone trying to argue you into something that you can feel is not quite right, but can’t put your finger on. This will help you put your finger on it and articulate it. The verbal bullies in your life will look at you in surprise and respect, then leave you alone!
To learn about Making Mars Conscious in your life, HERE IS THE LINK to the Teleseminar:
Stay tuned for the upcoming, content packed, Mars online Webinar Workshop where we dive even deeper into Mars in your birthchart to teach you everything you need to know to take effective action in your life!
May the stars bring you hope, healing, and happiness,
Divine Time Astrology